Harpursville Central School District
POSITION: ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL (PK-6), Probationary Appointment
- Substantial elementary teaching or administrative experience is preferred.
- A strong instructional/curriculum background, including literacy, is desired.
- Knowledge and experience in Special Education is desired.
- Has positive experience with student behaviors and intervention models.
- The principal:
- is an instructional leader who is student-centered and provides students with voice and leadership opportunities.
- collaborates with school-based and central office personnel for the purpose of implementing a guaranteed and viable curriculum, closing achievement gaps, and ensuring high levels of student achievement.
- actively supervises the certified and classified staff, providing ongoing feedback and support designed to improve employee performance and, ultimately, outcomes for students.
- collaborates with school-based and central office personnel for the purpose of providing relevant professional development.
- focuses on capacity building, collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- ensures a supportive and restorative environment for students and staff that promotes a climate for productive learning.
- ensures ongoing analysis of multiple data sources to ensure equitable outcomes for all students.
- is an effective communicator with both internal and external stakeholders. Can demonstrate positive communication and relationships with parents and guardians.
- This position reports to the Assistant Superintendent of Instruction
NYS CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
School District Administrator and/or School Administrator and Supervisor - OR -
School District Leader and/or School Building Leader
WORK YEAR: 12 Months
SALARY: Minimum $97,000 - competitive, based on experience
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2023
DEADLINE: Application and supporting material by May 26, 2023
Applications must be completed and submitted through OLAS as soon as possible. Persons interested in consideration for this position should include a letter of interest, resume, copies of transcripts, copy of certification or TEACH screen, and 3 letters of reference with the OLAS application.
NOTE: Application review and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.