The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) is the new federal accountability system for K-12 public schools. The New York State Education Department recently announced new school accountability determinations. The W.A. Olmsted Elementary has been identified as a Comprehensive Support and Improvement School (CSI) and, as a result, the district is a Target District. The Jr. Sr. High School remains a school in “Good Standing”. Regardless of the accountability status of each school, we will continue to work every day to grow our practices in an effort to provide our students with the best learning opportunities possible.
- View the accountability notification letter from Mr. Rullo to parents and guardians here: ESSA Accountability Letter to Parents
- View the PowerPoint presentation shared with the Board of Education on ESSA and accountability here: ESSA PowerPoint Presentation
- View a 'fact sheet for parents' from the New York State Education Department at: ESSA Fact Sheet for Parents
- The New York State Education Department's ESSA webpage can be found at: http://www.nysed.gov/essa
- If there are any questions regarding this information, please be sure to contact the principal, Mr. DiMaria at 607-693-8115.